Just An Update About Being Back
Posted on 8:19 PM
so I need to make this thing look more Americano I guess. Well, not that it doesn't but I guess just make it not being in Russia or something. I'll work on that. Anyway.
I know I haven't blogged lately, but that's because I only really did it because I wanted my parentals to be able to read what I was doing in Moscow and I wanted them to know that I was still alive and safe and now that I live with them again...well they kind of already know what I do everyday but I figured that since I still had a blog I might as well update.
So. Life is good! I'm not in Russia, obviously. After a lot of debate and thought, I decided that where I needed to be was here with my family for the time being. And each day that I see them and get to spend time with them, I know this was the right decision. Plus, I've been reconnecting with some old high school friends that I only saw sporadically throughout college so it's been fun to be able to go out with them and act like grown ups with people that I've known since elementary school.
And...I do have a job! Which is great, actually, because I've been getting a little bored. No, a lot bored. Not that I don't appreciate the time off--trust me I love sleeping in and having lunch dates and watching Desperate Housewives and all that...but after awhile it gets a little boring especially since everyone else is at work during the day. But I have been doing some stuff--I ran a 5k last weekend and I didn't do all that bad (I've been running everyday! Go ahead and be proud of me), I have read countless books (even if Erica does make fun of me for the frequency with which I visit the public library...), I inquired about (but haven't signed up for yet...but trust me I'll do it) scuba classes to be certified so Becca and I can go on a scuba trip somewhere exotic, went to a fashion show downtown (I felt so cosmopolitan and glam), and spent a day at a winery with my lady friends.
And yes I do miss Moscow sometimes. My life there was always busy and there was always something new and foreign going on so it has been an adjustment moving back to the suburbs. But it's been a good adjustment. I miss walking everywhere and public transportation and Euro fashions and meeting lots of international people and learning a new language and traveling to lots of countries and just city life in general but I like the quietness here and being able to drive my car and knowing what is going on at any given time (ok so I don't always know what's going on, but I have more of a general idea and I can ask if I need help). Plus, I've never appreciated so much in my life how easy and convenient going to the bank and post office are. Oh, and having a dryer.
my wonderful Lafayette friends
weddings
I met Miss Missouri!
Erica fixed our hair with bows :)
1 comments:
Good post, Leah. I was wondering what you were up to! What is your new job?
Post a Comment