In The Last 4 Months
Posted on 4:34 PM
Here are some things that I normally do in the US that I haven't done once while I've been in Russia. That means in FOUR months I haven't done these things that I usually do:
gotten a haircut (that was actually in May, I think, so it's been longer than 4 months...and trust me when I say that I need one)
driven a car
been to a movie theater (and not watched a movie on a laptop for that matter)
used unlimited texting
seen the sun (ok that's an exaggeration, I know, but basically it's true)
I can't think of anymore right now, but when I do, I'll update the list.
Here's a guest writer appearance by Kristi McFarland who has also been living abroad for the past couple of months:
going through a drive-thru
having coffee creamer
having good ole' American bacon
being in the loop about American pop culture (so true! I never know what's going on)
mentioning Oklahoma and it is not met with a confused look
ha ha it's funny the things that you find out you miss...God Bless America :)
2 more:
paid for anything using dollars
used a microwave
2 comments:
going through a drive-thru, having coffee creamer, have good ole' American bacon, being in the loop about American pop culture, mentioning Oklahoma and it is not met with a confused look, and everything you said. I miss America...
No Bacon??? How sad is it that bacon was the first thing that stood out to me?
Anyway, I think of you often Leah! Let's have an ALT World reunion someday when you and Kristi get back from your adventures.
Post a Comment