It's Good To Be Back
Posted on 12:57 AM
Here are some of the things that I love about being back in the USA:
English everywhere (I love listening to other people's conversations just to hear what people talk about)
Going into a store and being able to get whatever you need (thank you, Walgreens)
Having a clothes dryer (ahhhh uncrunchy clothes)
Getting in the car and driving when you have to go somewhere--doesn't matter what time and how far you have to go (and it turns out driving is like riding a bike--you don't forget how to do it, it just comes right back)
TV (I can watch whatever, whenever. AND I can record and rewind and fast forward...oh it's so nice)
NOT converting everything into dollars into my head--it's already in dollars!
Buying a magazine at the store just because I feel like it and because I need to catch up on the latest gossip
Going to the movies (even though when we looked up movie times and Mom asked which movie I had no idea what any of them were about--ok so I hadn't even heard of most of them)
Texting and calling whoever I need/want to because the minutes are already paid for
Having a cup of coffee made in a coffeemaker in the morning
Daylight (the sun rising at 7:30 and not setting until after 5...)
Being in the same time zone as people
The food
Being a citizen of this country
2 comments:
And the very best part . . . is having you here!
Post a Comment