The Jungle Book

Posted on 3:41 PM

My kids have been working all term (since January) on their big performance of The Jungle Book--in English. It's a big production with costumes and sets and the parents and other classes are invited. They worked so hard and they did such a good job--I was proud of them :) So I thought you'd like to see some pictures...

The wolf council meets to decide Mowgli's fate...


Kaa the snake tries to hypnotize Mowgli but Bagheera knows better


The elephant army


Baloo played by Martin, my favorite :) This part was made for him ha


Funny story about King Louie and the monkeys. Ilya, the boy that played King Louie, had been sick for about a week and the day before still wasn't there so they asked me if I would play Louie and wear that orange monkey costume and sing a solo and dance...and I agreed to do it. But thankfully, he showed up right before the play...


Shere Khan and his minion


"What do you wanna do?" "I dunno. What do you wanna do?" "I dunno. What do you wanna do?" The vultures


Uh oh. Here comes the girl from the village...but my favorite is Baloo in this picture! Ha ha


I think if you click on the pictures you can make them bigger.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Leah!
Just had an opportunity to read through your latest blog entries. Your side trip out of the city sounded fun. And I can remember being in Italy and seeing my first hole in the floor toilet....yikes...it can be hard to stand in the squat position for very long! :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your Egypt trip having to be postponed. I think living in a foreign country makes one so much more appreciative of the many freedoms we have in the US>..like just moving about from place to place, city to city, state to state. I hope you have moved past your disappointment and have found something interesting to do over your spring break. Hopefully, you'll still get to go to Egypt in the future.

WE are beginning to see some warmer days in STL, but nothing is green. I did notice a few daffodils poking up in the garden today.

Take care. Loved the photos of the Lion King! How awesome!
love
denise hall

Post a Comment