Movin' On Up
Posted on 7:56 PM
OMG Tomorrow is Friday!! I love the weekends here. Because it means touristy adventures and let's just be honest-I LOVE being a tourist.
Anyway, today I got some news...I'm moving to 2nd grade! I will still have my 7th grade class...but no kindergarten. Ha too bad. I'll be teaching a lot more and have more responsibility. Which is why I went to college in the first place so it will be nice to use my skills (The word "skills" makes me think of teenagers that spell it "skillz" which reminds me: if you didn't know, they call z "zed" in the UK. Look at all you are learning!). They also told me on Tuesdays I'll be teaching some other teachers English. Which is rather intimidating. And that was sort of a surprise. But we'll see how it goes.
That's all I have for today. Wouldn't you know that the day I write a post about the Kindergarten they would move me? Of course.
OH! And I'm going to ENGLAND for Fall Break! I'm going to see London and the McFarlands! It's just too perfect :) I'll have to start saying "trousers" and "rubbish" and "brilliant" and "zed." And I'll probably end up meeting the Queen and we'll be besties soon enough and then she'll suggest I marry her oldest grandson...you never know. I mean, we put a man on the moon. Anything is possible.
3 comments:
leah dumey!!!!!! you are stinkin FUNNY!!!!!!!! i LOVE you!!!! and i'm so glad you're graduating to 2nd grade! way to go you!!! ;)
Yeah, Leah! What a great answer to prayer. You will be a WONDERFUL second grade teacher. How exciting. Now, you have to learn more Russian so you can read to the kids in voices!!!! This is such great news - it makes my day. :-)
And, if you DO marry the Queen's grandson, please give me plenty of notice so I can find an appropriate dress for the palace.
Your Mom and concern about dresses.......sheesh. I'm glad to hear you are moving into the 2nd grade. I know you will really like that better. So how you doing w/your Russian? I just finished reading about the kids & medical check-ups. Did you find out why they were using the ankle bracelets? Take care-
Post a Comment