Ok I'm Venting Here

Posted on 9:15 PM

Ok can I just complain? About just a couple of things? You had to know that living in a foreign country would come with some frustrations. Not that I'm not enjoying it here and having an amazing experience and I'm grateful for the opportunity, but just let me vent (well...maybe it's culture shock...I don't know).

We have no dryer. My clothes are crunchy.
I can't read anything in the grocery store.
We have no microwave (this makes for some creative cooking).
They don't put creamer in their coffee, so you can't buy it.
They don't speak English (duh, I know, but it wears out my brain).
The metro is always hot. Like a gazillion degrees hotter than outside.
I get stared at when I wear a T-shirt and shorts outside.
We have too many locks on the door (Mom, I know you are glad about that but it takes about 10 minutes to unlock the door).
I still don't understand the money. I can count it, obviously, and read prices but they are always asking if you have change and they get all mad if you don't and they make weird combinations of coins to give you certain change and...well, it's just confusing.
I miss everyone.

So there's my list of complaints. Other than that, things here are great! I'm sure I just need time adjusting as would anyone when they move. I still like watching the people (especially watching how the girls walk in their high heels and never fall). On that note, let's talk fashion for just a minute. Euro mullets are so in style for boys. Young and old. And to be honest, it really doesn't look that bad...

3 comments:

renee said...

mullets...friends don't let friends like mullets. leah. *shaking head* ;)

Debbie said...

I love this venting. I was kind of wondering when it would come. And yes, I love the locks! Not so much the crunchy clothes :-) Oh, the adjustment of a new culture. Priceless!!!!

Orrey McFarland said...

Do they have any sort of cocoa?

Post a Comment