Whew Lots To Talk About

Posted on 5:52 PM

First things first.


I am now officially teaching 3rd grade English (as of today).  So to recap...
I will be teaching:

homeroom 2nd grade 
team teaching Social Sciences 2nd grade
English 2nd grade
English 3rd grade
honors enrichment 5th grade
Language Arts 7th grade
English for teachers

Yes I'm serious.

Anyway.  I went to see Beauty and the Beast here and it was phenomenal! My Russian friend Sonya has a friend that works at the theater and normally tickets are about 2500 rubles but she made a phone call and got us great seats for 1000
rubles!  We had to show up to the theater and go in and say we were friends of Natasha and they just let us right on through and we met Natasha and she showed us where to sit!  We got all dressed up which was so fun because it's been awhile since I've done that and we all looked super Euro.  The set and costumes were incredibly beautiful and the theater also had this big ballroom and a cafe.  The show was all in Russian of course, but the storyline and the songs were the same as the movie (they sang in Russian but it was the same tune).  I could always tell what was going on and it was fun to pick out the Russian words that I knew.  I think I paid more attention and got more out of the show because I was concentrating so hard and I was paying so much attention to their body language.  Which.  By the way. Lumiere, the candlestick, was absolutely my favorite.  He was hilarious and he stole the show.  I wish I could describe it for you or show you and put a video up...but I can't.  So you'll just have to trust me.  And at the end of "Be Our Guest" (they pronounce guest in Russian "goost" which made it really funny) they shot confetti and streamers into the audience.  

And next...an American teacher is leaving.  She worked at Zaitsevo which is the country campus of our school so I'm not really sure what her experience there has been like but it hasn't been as positive as ours at Presnya (the city campus).  She also had a lot of other bad things happen to her--one of her big suitcases was lost when we first arrived and never found, she's been sick with different things several times, her passport and cash payday were stolen, and there were miscommunications with her supervisor about cheating and plagiarism in her class.   So it's kind of been rough for her.  We'll definitely miss her.

Oh and!  Mr. Miller came to Moscow on business so he took me out for a delicious steak dinner!  We even got dessert which was such a nice treat (not just the dessert-the whole dinner and seeing a familiar face from America).  

And it snowed last night!  Not much but it sort of snowed all day.  Nothing stuck but good gosh it was freezing.  The wind was crazy and it literally took my breath away.  And it's supposed to get colder...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Your little kindergarten babies will miss you! Sounds very busy, but also very exciting and just perfect for you.

Ashley said...

Mr. Miller took you out? How wonderful. It sounds like you're having such a great time, Leah! I like reading your blog!

Post a Comment