Burn, Baby, Burn

Posted on 10:03 AM

Here's a funny story. After breakfast, the kids had a foreign language lesson where they are broken into four groups with four different teachers. So we were waiting for the foreign language teachers and the kids were all over the place and the teachers come and I had to go to the bathroom really bad so I figured since Svetlana (the assistant) was there and the foreign language teachers were there that I'd be ok to go. So I am in the bathroom and I can hear all the kids in the hall and all the teachers and I have no idea what's going on because they're supposed to be in class. I remembered a security guard running into our room as I was leaving for the bathroom. I think I have an idea of what is happening...but I'm not a hundred percent sure so I'm sitting there debating whether I should hurry up or just wait it out. And then it gets really quiet. I go to wash my hands and glance out the door and here come all the kids and teachers in their coats and outside shoes. They had a fire drill--while I was in the bathroom--and they don't announce it, the security guard just comes around and tells the classes. So let's hope there's never a real fire or I'd be a goner. Well, to be honest, I think we'd all be goners because they have to change all their shoes and put on their coats and hats and all that stuff. But, ok, maybe it's selfish, but if there is a real fire I'm saving myself. Forget outdoor shoes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment