Winding Down

Posted on 11:50 AM

I don't really have a whole lot of stories to share...but I felt like it was time to update.
Moscow life is good but it suddenly got really cold again! Like it snowed yesterday. You think I'm kidding or exaggerating. No, it snowed. I didn't know it was going to be that cold so all I wore out was my lightweight rainjacket. Which kept me dry, but ya know, not warm. It was so weird, too, because I was walking and I saw this tree up ahead and I thought the leaves were falling off and I squinted and realized it was snow and then with horror I looked around me and realized it was spreading and soon I was in the midst of the snow. But it's sunny today. Still really cold, but at least it's sunny.
I'm leaving for Istanbul on Thursday! I'm so excited and so ready for a vacation! I'll be honest--I don't really know a ton about Turkey other than that song about Istanbul to Constantinople and also I know the history stuff about the Ottoman Empire and all that. And I know about Turkish delight (like in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) and about Turkish coffee and Turkish baths. Ok so I guess I know a little bit.
And, my parents and my sister Erica are coming to visit in June! I really really can't wait. It will be so fun to show them around and share my life here with them!
And. I go back to America 8 weeks from Friday. 4 more weeks of regular school (and only 2 Mondays that I have to be at school) plus 2 weeks of summer school plus 2ish weeks of having visitors! Not that anyone is counting or anything. But it's good to have a light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Okay you just made me laugh out loud... every time Dr. Sanders would mention Constantinople in CIV I would start singing that song under my breath. It would drive Hanna and Emily crazy!

Have lots of fun on your trip!

Debbie said...

And we can't WAIT to see you! It is like a light at the end of a tunnel, but it just can't get here soon enough. Have a wonderful time in Turkey. I can't wait to see you face-to-face and share your "Russian life". Love you tons.

Post a Comment