Well yesterday was so busy and so fun. And spring is here and that just makes everything better. You can tell that people are just in better moods. It was nice to be able to walk around without trudging through snow and I feel like I've lost 20 pounds without having to wear my heavy coat, my tights under my pants, my fleece scarf, my hat, my gloves, and my big, furry snow boots everywhere.

There is a traveling Picasso exhibit that I went to yesterday and saw some original Picassos! It was really cool. I saw all these portraits that he painted of women and I was wondering what it would be like if you sat for Picasso expecting him to be painting your portrait and you go to look at the final piece expecting a Mona Lisa type painting but then you see this:



and then you wonder...is that what I look like to him? Is that what I look like to everyone? What an interesting man. I really liked the whole exhibit (and this painting was one of my favorites).


just me and Pablo

After the museum and lunch, we went and saw Alice in Wonderland in 3-D. At movie theaters here you get assigned seats when you buy your tickets which is kind of nice because then you can go to the bathroom and all that before and not have to worry about getting good seats. Anyway, so we sit through the Russian previews for Shrek and this dragon movie but it's all in Russian and then Alice starts but the title is in Russian and I was like "oh no!" and I was trying to decide if I would sit through it and just watch and hope I can figure it out or walk out and ask for my money back. And then they started talking and it was Russian. Everyone in the theater started looking around and whispering and a couple people went to go ask about it. Then they had to start the previews over but eventually we got to see it in English. Which was good.



After the movie, we went to Hannah's to have dinner and celebrate Easter together. She made this delicious Indian food and cake from scratch. She spoils us. But I'm not complaining.

1 comments:

Debbie said...

I cannot WAIT to come to Russia! It will be worth all the planning. Start thinking of all the things we need to do :-) Love you much. Happy Easter, Darling Daughter!

Post a Comment