I'm Here!
Posted on 1:17 PM
I'm here!!
There is so much to tell and it's only been three days!! I don't have a lot of time right now so here's an overview:
Travel: We arrived in Moscow at about 10:30 am here (we are 9 hours ahead of Central Time Zone in the US). On the flight from Atlanta to Moscow, I was bumped up to business class (the rest of my group was a little jealous...) and it was awesome. You don't know what you are missing until you fly business class. They treat you like royalty up there. All my bags made it, too (which, I'll be honest, I was a little worried about)!!
Arrival: We met people at the school and even met the president. We've toured the school, which even has its own zoo and is really huge and cool. We also moved into our apartments the first day and I have two roommates. Our apartment is nice--there are definitely differences between an American home and here like how we have a normal front door and then this vault steel door with about a million locks and three keys just to lock it. But it does make it feel very safe.
We're going to Red Square on Saturday (I'm SO excited!! We're even going to try to see Lenin's body which is right behind the Kremlin). I really really want to see St. Basil's Cathedral more than anything.
We've been walking all over and taking the metro places and I'm such a city girl now. It's been a whirlwind so far and I am exhausted (jet lag...) but everything is very exciting and interesting. I'm even starting to pick up some Russian and learn to read it. One lady even said I spoke beautiful Russian when I said hello to her!
4 comments:
I hope you're taking pictures, young lady.
I second that. And after you take them, post them!
Good day Leah. Perhaps you are a little behind on posting. Or maybe its a day behind there. It is Saturday here. Is it Friday there? If so, I'm going to find out the winning lottery tickets for Russia, and then I'm going to tell you what they are in the past and then you can win the lottery and be rich just like those people.
Oh and how do I make my own blog?
Post a Comment