Less than a week...

Posted on 10:46 PM

My VISA arrived today!  It's just a big sticker in my passport with a lot of Russian writing and a hologram that says RUSSIA on it but it looks really cool. It's a relief to have it here and not have to worry that anything will go wrong or that it will get lost or something like that.  


I've also started packing as best as I can. I am allowed to take four suitcases but I would really like to take only three if possible. I keep remembering things that I need to pack and definitely don't want to forget, like foreign voltage adaptors. It's hard to decide what I need to take versus what I want to take. Going through my clothes has been difficult, too, because I don't know what I will end up wearing the most there.  

I also made flashcards of the Russian alphabet...ha if I would actually use them then that might be helpful. It's hard to remember that I will be taking in a new culture and new sites and a new city but I still will be teaching and I have a job to do. We are arriving a couple weeks early in order to site-see and get over culture shock which I think will be very beneficial. Sometimes I forget that I am MOVING there, not just going for a visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment